University of Kentucky
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
Process Improvement Educ Trainer/UKHC
Process Improvement Education Trainer
H4003:Office of Enterprise Quality & Safety
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
****Required Related Experience
Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds, or some standing or walking
UK Healthcare (
UKHC) is currently seeking a Process Improvement Education Coordinator for the Office for Value & Innovation in Healthcare Delivery (
OVIHD). The office has oversight for all process improvement activities within the UK HealthCare organization including education, facilitation, and providing expertise in process improvement. This role will assist
UKHC in achieving its quality goals by providing training to clinic and non-clinical
UKHC staff ranging from team members, team leaders, and executive sponsors. An integral responsibility is providing education to
UKHC staff using the
PDSA method. This will include curricula development, instructional guidance, curricula pre-planning and logistics, and curricula collaboration.
This position will use Toyota Production System lean principles or other change management methods, providing direction and vision for identifying system-wide and departmental education opportunities for process improvement. This position will also identify, evaluate and build process improvement education relative to the healthcare environment for licensed and non-licensed learning participants. The Process Improvement Education Coordinator will also provide instruction to others through classroom setting instruction, small group mentoring, and/or lead improvement workshops. Coaching and consulting to individuals, teams, and fellow team members in the learning of continuous improvement concepts and tools will be essential.
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate for this position will possess experience in process improvement and the ability to facilitate and present, ideally within a healthcare setting.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Master's Degree with 4 years' experience or Bachelor's degree with 7 years' experience in facilitation, training, coaching, communications, etc..
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
* Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system? InsideHigherEd.com
Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
Institute for Diversity in Health Management
A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
None of the Above
* Please select the response that best represents your full years paid, full-time employment experience with planning, presenting, and evaluating curriculum. None
More than 0, up to 2 years
More than 2 years, up to 4 years
More than 4 years, up to 6 years
More than 6 years
* Describe your experience leading quality improvement initiatives and/or process improvements focused on care delivery in a healthcare setting.
(Open Ended Question)
* Please choose the number of years of full-time, paid experience you have in presenting and coaching, using the FOCUS-PDSA method. None
More than 1 year, up through 3 years
More than 3 years, up through 5 years
More than 5 years, up through 10 years
More than 10 years
About University of Kentucky