Goldbelt Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Beaufort, US-SC, United States
Detailed Job Description
As a subsidiary of **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., Goldbelt Falcon is a an 8(a) Alaska Native Corporation providing scientific, engineering and technical services tailored to the defense, security, aerospace and environmental markets. Goldbelt Falcon is in search of a Metrologist located in Beautfort, SC.
• Repair, overhaul, align, calibrate, and certify laboratory working standards and customer TMDE using safe work practices/procedures.
• Calibrate/Repair/Use TMDE such as DC and AC voltage standards, multi-function calibrators, resistance standards, AC/DC transfer measurement standards, DC and AC current TMDE, high accuracy digital multi-meters, power meters, oscilloscopes, frequency counters, torque, temperature, length, force and pressure TMDE.
• Utilize TMDE to troubleshoot and repair systems and circuit boards to component level.
• Operate under immediate supervision and receive technical guidance from supervisor or other technicians as needed.
• Provide technical guidance to other technicians as needed.
• Ability to read, interpret, and analyze block, schematic, wiring diagrams, and technical publications.
• Exercise independent judgment in tasks such as circuit analysis, waveform analysis and signal flow.
• Perform additional duties as directed by supervisor.
• Minimum of four (5) years of verifiable recent experience in metrology laboratory performing calibration and repair of TMDE.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Outstanding/Excellent mathematical skills.
• Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
• Applications must have normal color vision, pass drug screenings, and be U.S citizen able to acquire and retain a security clearance.
• Must have a valid and current driver's license.
• Applicants must have the ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
• Formal DoD / USAF PMEL Technical School Completion preferred
• Knowledge of the USN / NAVAIR METCAL Program Requirements and Tools
• Computer skills to include use of Microsoft Office (Excel, WORD, Outlook)
Shareholder Hire Preferences:
As an Alaskan Native Claims Settlement Act Corporation, Goldbelt, Incorporated, (and its related entities where the corporation maintains 25 percent ownership interest), is allowed, under Federal law, to extend hiring and training preferences to its shareholders, shareholders' descendants and spouses, other ANCSA corporation shareholders, and/or Native Americans. Goldbelt's employment and training preferences are extended based on an individual's status as a shareholder of Goldbelt, Incorporated, enrollment as a tribal member or other evidence of affiliation with a Native community or tribe. These preferences reflect stock ownership or political affiliation with a Native community or tribe and are not a direct benefit of race or ethnicity. PI103345438
About Goldbelt Inc