Empire State Development (ESD)
From $56604 to $71980 Annually
Empire State Development, NYS
Senior Agency Services Analyst
Other Professional Careers
PS&T - Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PEF)
From $56604 to $71980 Annually
Hours Per Week
Compressed workweek allowed?
633 3rd Avenue
A Bachelor’s degree in Public or Business Administration, Public Affairs and Policy, Political Science, Economics, Social Sciences or Special Programs, or a related field and two years of professional experience in MWBE/Affirmative Action/EEO programs, or in community economic development or in audit/compliance activities.
Graduate credits may be substituted for experience on the basis of 30 credit hours for each year of experience up to one year.
Under the general direction of an Associate Agency Services Analyst, the incumbent monitors agency compliance with the provisions of Article 15-A and attendant Rules and Regulations concerning the utilization of Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (MWBEs) and the participation of such businesses in State contracts, including all procurement; identification of significant problems, trends, or developments and preparation of written findings and recommendations.
Duties include, but may not be limited to:
• Develops an understanding of the organizational structures and processes of assigned agencies through which contracting and procurement are administered.
• Manages external communications, webinars, training sessions to public and MWBE vendors
• Participates in training and orientation programs for agency personnel regarding: clarification of program responsibilities under Article 15-A; completion of quarterly compliance reports; development of annual goal plans, and establishment of individual contract goals where applicable; provides on-going training and technical assistance to agency personnel, including agency responsibilities relative to MWBE development.
• Serves as liaison to staff in the Certification Bureau to coordinate contracting opportunities within agencies that can be matched with MWBEs.
• Prepares program external dissemination reports ensuring that the statistical and other data are accurate and complete.
• Provide planning for external events (expos, forums, conferences, etc.) and coordinate workshops to promote growth and opportunity for MWBE firms and represent Business Development at such events.
• Provide training and technical assistance to businesses and Empire State Development (ESD), Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTACS), Small Business Development Centers (SBDC) and Entrepreneurial Assistance Centers (EAPs) on business development, procurement opportunities and New York State Contract System (NYSCS).
• Develops and presents resource materials for use at training and workshops.
• Provide education and outreach to agencies/authorities and businesses in accessing, finding, and identifying MWBE contracting opportunities and business strategies.
• Provide support to agencies/authorities to develop new ways to create opportunities for MWBE firms.
• Identify business opportunities in contracting and in capital programs for MWBEs and counsel MWBEs on business strategies.
• Develop and maintain relationships with agencies/authorities, governmental organizations, community business organizations and prime contractors to connect MWBEs to business opportunities.
• Monitor MWBE Business Development Hotline and provide information to callers inquiring about DMWBD resources, services, or other needs/concerns.
• Review, identify, and circulate advertised procurement opportunities from NYS Contract Reporter to appropriate MWBE’s by industry.
• Manage Supply Demand Utilization platform working with Agencies and Authorities to increase opportunities for MWBE’s in areas with low MWBE utilization
• As requested, developed customized list of certified firms for subcontracting opportunities based on the parameters provided by agency/authority or Prime Contractors.
• Monitor, manage, and respond to inquiries submitted to MWBE Business Development’s inbox from MWBE vendors, agencies/authorities, Prime Contractors, and external organizations.
• Coordinating and managing NYS’ Supply-Demand Utilization Initiative efforts to MWBEs, agencies/authorities, and Prime Contractors. Develop reports to be presented to Division’s Director of Business Development and Executive Director on the success and challenges in meeting the respective strategic goals assigned.
SALARY RANGE: $56604-$71,980 plus $3,026 Location Pay
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Development (ESD) is New York’s chief economic development agency. The mission of Empire State Development is to promote a vigorous and growing economy, encourage the creation of new job and economic opportunities, increase revenues to the State and its municipalities, and achieve stable and diversified local economies. Through the use of loans, grants, tax credits and other forms of financial assistance, Empire State Development strives to enhance private business investment and growth to spur job creation and support prosperous communities across New York State.