COME MAKE A DENT IN DIVERSITY & INCLUSION IN TECH ACROSS TEXAS AT CAPITAL FACTORY
Catalyze the tech community and produce a series of inclusive events designed to change the face of tech in Texas. Convene the DNI community in Austin. Source and close sponsorships to make these efforts sustainable. Use our platform to address real needs in the tech community and amplify the efforts of others.
Everyone knows that diversity is lacking in the technology and entrepreneurship community but no one seems to have found the silver bullet to address it. Itd be fair to say while theres been real progress in the last few years, diversity is still lacking. Were not looking for a silver bullet, were looking for someone to invite those players we dont even yet know . . . who well all benefit from knowing and including.
At Capital Factory, our answer is to try everything. We start by having a diverse team. We host every diversity related meetup, pitch contest, and hack-a-thon that we can. We work with great partners like Google for Entrepreneurs, Code2040, DivInc, Latinitas, Bunker Labs, Perot Jain, Women Who Code, and others. And we put our money where our mouth is by hosting three $100,000 Diversity & Inclusion Investment challenges and making investments in other diverse founders.
As part of the Texas Startup Manifesto [****************************************************************** you will promote diversity & inclusion all over the state of Texas, with an emphasis on Austin and Dallas.
Your primary responsibility will be to organize one summit per month focused on promoting DNI for Women, Blacks, LatinX, LGBTQ and Veterans. They will happen in Austin and Dallas. This is an event producer role that is 50% selling sponsorships, 25% planning and 25% promoting the events.
Additionally, you will:
* Support of Mellie Price, the Capital Factory Director of DNI
* Assist with organizing the Austin DNI Council
* Support other DNI initiatives at Capital Factory such as Epic Office Hours
* Recruit great diversity events and programs to be hosted in our space
* Attract diverse members, mentors and investors into our community
* Foster an inclusive and welcoming community space
Are you warm, outgoing, and able to handle all kinds of people and situations with a smile on your face
Are you detail-oriented and do you have excellent verbal and written communication skills?
Do you have experience organizing events and selling sponsorships?
Are you passionate about diversity and inclusion and have been looking for a platform to impact in a meaningful way with measurable outcomes in a community that leads the way?
Were Looking for Someone Who Has
* Event coordination and/or program or project support experience, particularly in smaller organizations where processes have not yet been defined
* Been an assistant or played a support role at a previous organization
* Deep empathy and internal grit
* Demonstrated ability to spot a need and address it
* A cover letter and resume that demonstrates strong attention to detail and appreciation for a polished product.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Excellent proofreading and organizational skills
* Self-motivated; Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Creative and innovative thinker
* Ability to work at evening and weekend events
Youll know youre successful if
* You live in the details, have experience juggling competing priorities effectively, and are intentional with how you use your time. You handle surprises with grace.
* You are a problem-solver who doesnt wait for a boss to tell you how to address a challenge. Rather, you take ownership over the thinking and learning you need to do in order to get the job done.
* You are introspective and have reflected on issues related to your identity. You approach conversations about race, privilege, diversity of all kinds, and social justice with curiosity, openness, and compassion.
* You communicate effectively across email, social media, and in person.
* You appreciate human connection and humor in a work environment and build trust and respect alongside it.
Youll work closely with...
* Mellie Price, Director of DNI
* Georgia Thomsen, COO
* Abba Binns, Senior Programs Manager