AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to ****You may also **** if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this ****
# of Openings
Coordinates the scheduling/logistics and provides technical support for field service team and activities. Includes the identification of specific customer technical installation/repair and scheduling appropriately experienced and trained service technicians to each project. Supports the efforts to expand the Customer Care (service in particular) business (revenue and GM$). This will be accomplished through focus on service project proposal generation, other forms of service sales support or direct sales, and excellent support of service projects after the sale.
25% domestic and international
Replicon, SyteLine and JD Edwards (intermediate to advanced)
JBT Preservation System equipment product lines, JBT operating procedures and JBT safety programs
Indicate positions that report directly to this position. Number of direct / indirect reports.
No direct reports.
Indicate internal/external contacts and purpose of contacts.
Daily contact with external customers to answer any inquiries related to scheduling/logistics and technical support.
Daily contact with internal departments, including Operations to coordinate engineering, manufacturing and shipping support.
Daily contact with customers and service technicians to schedule service calls, leased equipment support calls, breakdowns, warranty projects, and to provide project updates. Maintains customer rapport by listening to customer's description of symptoms, clarification of problems, explaining estimates and obtaining customer's approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns.
Must be self-motivated and detail oriented to ensure proper execution of scheduling and proper proposal generations are completed. Supervision will be provided for larger scale proposals and training agendas.
Spends ~75% of time in an office environment. Spends ~25% of time in customer's facilities / workshop's. Some exposure to possible hazards including noise, heavy equipment and shop traffic.
Frequent sitting and operating computer and telephone. Some heavy lifting, climbing, pushing is required while performing duties in the customer's facility and workshop.
• Ensuring we have the right skill sets in the department to properly and safely execute service projects in the field, and coordinate with and/or lead efforts to develop custom designed product and safety training processes and programs for JBT technicians and customers.
• Position is the initial responder to customer telephone request for Customer Care service and support. Provides initial technical expertise to customers regarding type of issue, service solution, and selection/assignment of appropriate service personnel to provide on-site repair and support at the customer location. Position will also coordinate engineering and other sales support for the customer as necessary.
• Directs service personnel attendance for normal calls for service, breakdowns, service contracts, shop assistance, leased equipment calls/support, rebuilds/overhauls, inspections/audits, installation projects, and training. Ensures best match of individual capabilities to call/project requirements.
• Manages, plans and schedules customer courtesy calls (sales assist) to promote JBT equipment, parts, and services.
• Serves as on call coordinator of technical service support between the customer and the service technician. Includes after-hours support call responsibilities (24/7).
• Assists with logistics including travel and obtaining additional parts, tools, equipment, etc.
• Prepares repair orders by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering into service database system.
• Assists with the competence management process by maintaining records relating to skill assessments, training activities, recording problems and corrective actions planned.
• Coordinate with sales to provide information (technical, estimates, etc.) to customers, indirectly or directly. Free up time/attention of the outside sales managers so they can focus on managing/developing customer relationships, and on selling to our primary/key customer base.
• Generate accurate labor, parts, and expense estimates and formal proposals relating to service requests. This includes small and large scale projects. Work closely with the application engineers and machine/Customer Care sales managers on a daily basis.
• Manage field projects associated with new machine installations/start-ups, major overhauls/repairs, warranty projects, service contracts, lease projects, etc.
• Review and follow-up on service call reports to maximize Customer Care sales potential (parts and service sales). Partner with the Service Manager and Service Technicians in an effort to continually improve our service call report quality and processes.
• Coordinate and execute warranty projects to ensure all remaining tasks are completed efficiently and effectively, including but not limited to, engaging JBT engineering, applications engineering, operations, and/or vendors as required.
• Complete all administrative and cost reports in a timely manner adhering to deadlines.
• Maintain inventory of JBT Service department equipment/tooling in an effort to ensure we have the right equipment and tooling in the department to properly and safely execute service projects in the field. Arrange shipment of said tooling to projects as needed.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
B.S. in Engineering, Engineering Technology or B.A. in Business Administration prefered
Five (5) to seven (7) years JBT service experience or equivalent.
Strong mechanical aptitude. Electrical/controls knowledge/experience is a plus.
Good Ability to read, interpret and prepare technical drawings.
PC skills with knowledge of all MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) .
Basic understand/knowledge of Replicon, Syteline (or equivalent ERP system), and SharePoint is a plus.
Excellent written (technical) and oral communication skills.
Effective organizational, problem solving and prioritization skills. Attention to detail.
Ability to problem solve and present solutions
Self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision
Ability to present ideas and information clearly and concisely, either to individuals or to a large group.
Ability to work well in a team environment and execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
Strong analytical skills associated with the generation and development of cost estimates and development of project proposals.
Basic to intermediate project coordination/management experience
Demonstrated sales and negotiation skills
Affinity for and desire to work directly with customers
Strong work ethic and sense of urgency
A good technical understanding of most of Liquid Foods Preservation Systems products and services.
A good understanding of the food industry segments and customers we serve on a global basis.
Basic knowledge about most of our key competitors and their products
About JBT Corporation