About the position
Do you want to play an instrumental role in bringing leading diversity strategies to new business ventures within Twitch? Here’s your opportunity!
The Director, Global Diversity and Inclusion is responsible for developing and driving Twitch’s enterprise-wide diversity and inclusion vision and strategy. This leader will focus on executing a strategy that builds and supports a diverse workforce, enables an inclusive culture, and creates an environment where differences are embraced and used to better serve the needs of Creators and the Twitch community.
Reporting directly to the CHRO, you will focus on programs delivered across the business in support of its diversity plan. We are early in our diversity process, and this is an ideal time to shape our D&I vision and transform that vision into action and results. Successful candidates will have experience driving people-related change management programs, earning trust with customers, and proven ability to translate research into action. You should not only be passionate about delivering meaningful diversity solutions for our employees, but also our broader Twitch community.
- You will serve as an influential leader, change agent, company spokesperson, and internal consultant to implement groundbreaking strategies, solutions, training, tools, resources, and thought leadership on diversity and inclusion across the organization.
- Provide strategic direction in the development of enterprise strategies for D&I including governance structure, policies, procedures, action plans, and processes to effectively support leadership accountability and a global competitive edge.
- Implement appropriate measurements to track diversity efforts and accomplishments, report progress to senior leadership, audit our current state as a workplace, and drive new solutions internally.
- Lead the development and promotion of Twitch’s D&I employment brand, provide leadership and guidance for employee-run affinity groups (employee guilds), spearhead outreach efforts to diversity and veteran organizations to educate about opportunities within our organization, and improve D&I recruitment and retention.
- Develop company-wide awareness of diversity and inclusivity, create a communication strategy that will keep team members informed about diversity programs and policies.
- Cultivate a culture that is inclusive, innovative, willing to take risks, and actively embraces multiple dimensions of diversity.
- Develop integrated strategies for talent management of a diverse global leadership pipeline with a focus on employee development, succession planning, engagement, retention, and advancement.
- Work with business leaders to provide insights, resources, tools, and actions that increase the organization’s focus on driving action in promoting diversity and inclusion.
- Work with Recruiting, Talent Development, and HR Business Partners to continuously seek opportunities to identify and promote and develop diverse talent within the company, ensure recruiting efforts in diversity and military veterans are maximized, compliance obligations for equal employment opportunity are achieved, and federal contractor requirements are addressed as required by law.
8 years of experience in HR, Marketing, Comms/PR, and/or other applicable disciplines
- 5 years of diversity programs management experience
- Demonstrated experience articulating a vision, translating it into executable strategy and driving cross-functional teams to deliver against the plan
- Skilled in translating external and internal trends into innovative and creative practices
- Proven track record of facilitating enterprise-level initiatives with multiple senior stakeholders (Executive Leadership Team, Leadership Committees and other business leaders).
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) exhibited at all levels within an organization
- Skilled at translating data and analytics to develop insights, tell stories, drive decisions and measure impact
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop effective relationships with peers and leaders across an organization
- Keen ability to drive change: to transform, align and inspire in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative with a natural orientation towards community building and organizing
- Experience driving AAP initiatives
- Experience designing and delivering diversity programs
- Experience effectively partnering with the People team and business teams to build effective talent programs and strategies
- High level of comfort using data-driven decision making
- Ability to influence without authority, think proactively, and function independently
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to think strategically and programmatically.
- Ability to develop quick turn-around, practical recommendations based on data and research to inform strategic decisions in a fast moving environment.
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at