Diversity & Inclusion Consultant
WellStar Shared Services
At WellStar we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
The WellStar Cultural Competency department is hiring a
Diversity and Inclusion Consultant Program Administrator to join its team.
The Diversity and Inclusion Consultant Program Administrator reports directly to the Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer and supports the Diversity and Inclusion initiatives at WellStar Health System. The Diversity and Inclusion Strategy is designed to ensure the System is culturally competent in services to the
changing patient population and impacts five key strategic pillars: 1. Workforce Diversity, 2. Culture of Inclusion, 3. Cultural Competency, 4. Health Equity, 5. Community Engagement/Supplier Diversity. Ultimately, the strategic pillars effect health outcomes, safety, and quality of the services provided to the
patient and communities WellStar serves.
This Program Administrator coordinates and operationalizes the business resource groups and diversity councils across the System. He/she assists in new initiatives through a strategic planning process, as required to support a diverse and geographically distributed team. This role will manage a wide variety of projects simultaneously and function autonomously to meet the needs of a diverse client base.
This individual brings experience in diversity and inclusion facilitation, project management programs to guide leaders and employees in the journey to positive health outcomes and a cohesive team of caregivers. He/she will have demonstrated analytical skills used to gather interpret and organize information for preparing and providing appropriate analytics on the efficacy of the diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Working effectively with multi-cultural, racial/ethnic, diverse populations is key to this role as well as an indepth experience in project management and change management. He/she will work collaborative in an interdependent manner with colleagues and clients. This individual will partner with operational and physician leaders to move from diversity and inclusion theory to the integrated practice as well as to build the competence of our leaders and team members.
Required Minimum Education
: Bachelor degree in Project Management, Human Resource or other relevant Public Health, business degree. Master’s Degree in Organizational Development or Master’s Degree in Psychology preferred.
Required Minimum Certification
: PMP, PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, or Certified Diversity Professional (CDP) preferred.
Required Minimum Experience
: Three (3) years of diversity management experience (facilitation, business resource group, diversity and inclusion initiatives) required. Three (3) years of experience in project and change management required. One (1) executive presenting experience required. Five (5) years of experience in Organizational Development preferred. Five (5) years of experience in managing diversity and inclusion initiatives preferred.
Depth of knowledge and scope of experience in project management and change management. Demonstrated experience in executing strategic/ tactical plans to meet business objectives in a large healthcare system. Knowledge of diversity and inclusion workforce, workplace and marketplace strategies. Experience in initiative prioritization, developing process requirements, scorecards, and communication plans, performing risk assessments for quality assurance, and driving the implementation of change.
Required Minimum Skills
• Exhibit a track record of project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage tasks and related expectations
• Proven ability to work effectively with multi-cultural/racial/ethnic/diverse populations
• Proven ability to facilitate and train leaders around diversity & inclusion topics
• Ability to demonstrate understanding around conscious and unconscious bias
• Exhibit outstanding influencing skills to effectively drive project / program efforts
• Ability to work in a collaborative, interdependent manner with colleagues and clients
• Display understanding and alignment with diversity and inclusion initiatives
• Demonstrated analytical skills to gather interpret and organize information for preparing and providing appropriate analytics
• Have excellent communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders at all levels across the company to manage, inform and influence outcomes
• Demonstrate good judgement and sensitivity
• Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Display strong problem solving and influencing skills
• Exhibit strong attention to detail and the ability to meet objectives and handle multiple deadlines and priorities.
• Excellent communication skills to understand and meet the needs of a diverse population.