Food Lion, LLC
Salisbury, NC, United States
Diversity, Manager, Retail
May 06, 2021
Aug 19, 2021
Title: Manager II Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Location: Carlisle, PA, Salisbury, NC, Scarborough, ME or Quincy, MA
Reports To: VP HR Supply Chain
This position is the DEI Lead for one of the largest Supply Chains on the East Coast, that is continuing to grow! We need an innovative, thought leader who will report to the Brand HR Lead, shaping and driving DE&I strategy for a dynamic, forward-looking enterprise.
This individual will evaluate, develop, analyze and monitor diversity, equity and inclusion programs and initiatives that foster a spirit of inclusion and engagement across the organization. The incumbent works closely with HR and business leadership to provide strategic insight, resources, tools and action planning support to advance diversity, equity & inclusion goals within the context of strategic talent management and business objectives.
1. Strategic initiative leadership
• Ensures consistency between diversity policies and practice; that there are open opportunities leading to upward mobility for all associates and that the environment of the Company fosters inclusion through effective policies/procedures, processes, systems and behaviors.
• Ensures that diversity is a component in business programs and activities such as: staffing, college/MBA recruitment & external partnerships, new hire orientation, training, selection and assessment so as to promote the company's goal of a work environment that is inclusive, diverse and equitable.
• Provides direction and input in the development and/or enhancement of new and existing company policies/procedures, practices, systems and department specific inclusion training gaps relative to the workforce, management leadership, vendors and customers.
• Collaborates with teams to integrate diversity, equity and inclusion into broader HR initiatives.
2. Collaborative partnerships and programming
• Provides leadership and best-practice governance to diversity, equity & inclusion programs and initiatives that include but are not limited to: Business Resource Groups; Diversity Leadership Council(s); Diversity Communications Planning; Diversity & Inclusion Training Programs.
• Provides proactive educational programs to support the company's commitment to diversity & inclusion. Identifies external partners that can help to support the company’s DEI strategies and ambitions.
• In the planning of annual external recognition programs such as Top Women in Grocery and Women of Influence, collaborating with the HRBP teams on execution; ensured focus on external brand benchmarks such as the HRC.
3. Benchmarking & Metrics
• Contributes to the achievement of the company's global diversity, equity & inclusion objectives through the continued development of an overarching diversity, equity & inclusion strategy with demonstrable and measurable results that support the company's business goals and objectives.
• Builds and maintains systems to track, measure, and report on diversity initiatives and programs.
• Utilizes data to determine opportunities and identify barriers to the success of diversity strategies.
• Establishes diversity, equity and inclusion targets/objectives, as well as clear, credible, reporting against these objectives to keep executives informed about diversity progress.
• Manage relationships with external diverse organizations, constituencies, and alliances that are significant to the Company’s global diversity, equity & inclusion goals.
• Cultivate collaborative internal relationships within business units.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 6-8 years of DE&I experience
• Specific experience developing and leading diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives
• Strong oral and written communication
• Strategic planning
• Project management
• Customer focus
• Attention to detail
Food Lion, LLC
Website : http://www.foodlion.com/