Job Responsibilities of a Diversity Analyst
Diversity management and analysis is a part of the HR field, the scope of this field has become so large in this global market that it can be treated as a separate vocational field. In order to enhance the performance of the organization or in other words improve the performance of the employees within the company these human resource and diversity executives are hired.
The responsibility and the role of a diversity analyst are as follows:
- They work with the HR, and ensure that the data analyzed is processed AAP or Affirmative Action Plan. They collect data from various sources, and statistically access it to ensure that there is equal opportunity for workers in the workplace.
- They are responsible for developing and leading Diversity Action Plan. These plans usually consist of recommendation and changes that are required in the work system for providing equal opportunity in the workplace. These plans are based on their analysis.
- They take care of the EEP Equal employment Opportunity law specified by the government.
- They provide the guidelines to the members of the HR department, on various government laws policies on providing equal opportunity.
- The analyst also administers the maintenance of a record of the hired employees and takes care of their grievances if any and solves it without any discrimination.
- They need to ensure that there is an efficient inter-personal relationship between employees and the employer, so they conduct various programs and projects (like office networking site, child's visit to office etc) to maintain a healthy diverse workplace.
- Maintain a data and analyze the effectiveness of their motivational programs, for the development of the organization.
- They are responsible for maintaining a database of all the employees in the organization and take care of each person's need.
- They sometimes need to attend diversity conferences to keep themselves updated.
- They also advice on the ways to tab talent, and recruit employees.
Academic and Skills set
- To get recruited as a diversity analyst, the applicant should be a graduate preferably in Human Resource.
- They should understand employment laws and agreements specified by the US (EEO) Equal Employment Opportunity commission.
- The applicant should have efficient communicative skills, both writing as well as oral.
- The applicant should be comfortable using a computer. Knowledge of MS-Office is a must along with some database software like MS Access.
- The individual must have the ability to access and interpret data.
- A diversity analyst is expected to be calm and sensitive, to the problems of the employee.
Career Prospects (globally)
Diversity Analysis is an upcoming vocational field with immense potential. With rise of diverse workforce all over the world, it has led a lot of these professionals to manage and utilize their acquired knowledge and efforts for the betterment of the company. They are absorbed in the corporate sector, but after gaining work experience can surely promote as counselors, lawyers, social and human service assistants. Some can even do their doctorate and teach at universities, and also can get absorbed as bureaucrats and officers in the government. Work experience of a couple of years is always advantageous as then the applicant can negotiate a good salary
Money is surely an inevitable factor that drives students to choose a particular field. Diversity Analysis is a new profession but by 2014 will be among the most sought after fields. The average salary of a diversity analyst in US is around $70,000 annually but this can go up to $100,000 depending on the person's work experience, place of employment, education and skills.
The job of a diversity analyst is an interesting category whereby the professionals need to map, direct, and organize various activities for human resource management of a corporate house or business organization thereby maximizing the calculated utilization of human resources for the best interests of the employer.